This reference of Norse Mythology gives brief descriptions of the numerous figures active in the tales and legends of Norse mythology.
- Aesir: Chief gods of Asgard.
- Andvari: Dwarf conned of gold and magic ring by Loki.
- Angerbotha (Angrbotha): Giantess mother by Loki of Fenrir, Hel, and Midgard serpent.
- Asgard (Asgarth): Abode of gods.
- Ask (Aske, Askr): First man produced by Odin, Hoenir, and Lothur.
- Asynjur: Goddesses of Asgard.
- Atli: Second husband of Gudrun asked Gunnar and Hogni to his court, where these were slain slain by Gudrun.
- Audhumia (Audhumbla): Cow that nourished Ymir produced Buri by licking ice high cliff.
- Balder (Baldr, Baldur): God of sunshine, spring, peace, pleasure boy of Odin slain by Hoth at instigation of Loki.
- Bifrost: Rainbow bridge connecting Midgard and Asgard.
- Bragi (Brage): God of poetry husband of Ithunn.
- Branstock: Great oak in hall of Volsungs in it, Odin thrust Gram, which only Sigmund could draw forth.
- Brynhild: Valkyrie wakened from magic sleep by Sigurd married Gunnar instigated dying of Sigurd wiped out herself and it was burned on pyre beside Sigurd.
- Bur (Bor): Boy of Buri father of Odin, Hoenir, and Lothur.
- Buri (Bori): Progenitor of gods father of Bur produced by Audhumla.
- Embla: First lady produced by Odin, Hoenir, and Lothur.
- Fafnir: Boy of Rodmar, whom he slew for gold in Otter's skin healthy of dragon, guarded gold slain by Sigurd.
- Fenrir: Wolf offspring of Loki swallows Odin at Ragnarok and it is slain by Vitharr.
- Forseti: Boy of Balder.
- Frey (Freyr): God of love and fertility and crops boy of Njorth initially certainly one of Vanir.
- Freya (Freyja): Goddess of affection and sweetness sister of Frey initially certainly one of Vanir.
- Frigg (Frigga): Goddess of sky wife of Odin.
- Garm: Watchdog of Hel slays, and it is slain by, Tyr at Ragnarok.
- Gimle: Home of fortunate after Ragnarok.
- Giuki: King of Nibelungs father of Gunnar, Hogni, Guttorm, and Gudrun.
- Glathsehim (Gladsheim): Hall of gods in Asgard.
- Gram (meaning “Angry”): Sigmund's sword rewelded by Regin utilized by Sigurd to slay Fafnir.
- Greyfell: Sigmund's horse descended from Sleipnir.
- Grimhild: Mother of Gudrun administered magic concoction to Sigurd which made him forget Brynhild.
- Gudrun: Daughter of Giuki wife of Sigurd later wife of Atli and Jonakr.
- Gunnar: Boy of Giuki in the semblance Sigurd won Brynhild for him slain at hall of Atli.
- Guttorm: Boy of Giuki slew Sigurd at Brynhild's request.
- Heimdall (Heimdallr): Protector of Asgard.
- Hel: Goddess of dead and queen of underworld daughter of Loki.
- Hiordis: Wife of Sigmund mother of Sigurd.
- Hoenir: Certainly one of creators of Ask and Embla boy of Bur.
- Hogni: Boy of Giuki slain at hall of Atli.
- Hoth (Hoder, Hodur): Blind god of night and darkness slayer of Balder at instigation of Loki.
- Ithunn (Ithun, Iduna): Keeper of golden apples of youth wife of Bragi.
- Jonakr: Third husband of Gudrun.
- Jormunrek: Slayer of Swanhild slain by sons of Gudrun.
- Jotunnheim (Jotunheim): Abode of giants.
- Lif and Lifthrasir: First man and lady after Ragnarok.
- Loki: God of evil and mischief instigator of Balder's dying.
- Lothur (Lodur): Certainly one of creators of Ask and Embla.
- Midgard (Midgarth): Abode of mankind our planet.
- Midgard Serpent: Ocean monster offspring of Loki slays, and it is slain by, Thor at Ragnarok.
- Mimir: Giant protector of well in Jotunnheim at cause of Yggdrasill knower of past and future.
- Mjollnir: Magic hammer of Thor.
- Nagifar: Ship for use by giants in attacking Asgard at Ragnarok constructed from nails of dead men.
- Nanna: Wife of Balder.
- Nibelungs: Dwellers in northern kingdom ruled by Giuki.
- Niflheim (Nifelheim): Outer region of cold and darkness abode of Hel.
- Njorth: Father of Frey and Freya initially certainly one of Vanir.
- Norns: Demigoddesses of fate: Urth (Urdur) (past), Verthandi (Verdandi) (present), Skuld (future).
- Odin (Othin): Mind of Aesir creator of world with Vili and Ve equal to Woden (Wodan, Wotan) in Teutonic mythology.
- Otter: Boy of Rodmar slain by Loki his skin full of gold hoard of Andvari to appease Rodmar.
- Ragnarok: Final destruction of present world in fight between gods and giants some minor gods can survive, and Lif and Lifthrasir will repeople world.
- Regin: Blacksmith boy of Rodmar promote-father of Sigurd.
- Rerir: King of Huns boy of Sigi.
- Rodmar: Father of Regin, Otter, and Fafnir required Otter's skin contain gold slain by Fafnir, who stole gold.
- Sif: Wife of Thor.
- Siggeir: King of Goths husband of Signy he and the sons slew Volsung and the sons, except Sigmund slain by Sigmund and Sinflotli.
- Sigi: King of Huns boy of Odin.
- Sigmund: Boy of Volsung brother of Signy, who bore him Sinflotli husband of Hiordis, who bore him Sigurd.
- Signy: Daughter of Volsung sister of Sigmund wife of Siggeir mother by Sigmund of Sinflotli.
- Sigurd: Boy of Sigmund and Hiordis wakened Brynhild from magic sleep married Gudrun slain by Guttorm at instigation of Brynhild.
- Sigyn: Wife of Loki.
- Sinflotli: Boy of Sigmund and Signy.
- Skuld: One of many Norns.
- Sleipnir (Sleipner): Eight-legged horse of Odin.
- Surt (Surtr): Fire demon slays Frey at Ragnarok.
- Svartalfaheim: Abode of dwarfs.
- Swanhild: Daughter of Sigurd and Gudrun slain by Jormunrek.
- Thor: God of thunder earliest boy of Odin equal to Germanic deity Donar.
- Tyr: God of war boy of Odin equal to Tiu in Teutonic mythology.
- Ull (Ullr): Boy of Sif stepson of Thor.
- Urth: One of many Norns.
- Valhalla (Valhall): Great hall in Asgard where Odin received souls of heroes wiped out in fight.
- Vali: Odin's boy: Ragnarok survivor.
- Valkyries: Virgins, messengers of Odin, who selected heroes to die in fight and required these to Valhalla generally regarded as nine in number.
- Vanir: Early race of gods three survivors, Njorth, Frey, and Freya, are connected with Aesir.
- Ve: Brother of Odin certainly one of creators of world.
- Verthandi: One of many Norns.
- Vili: Brother of Odin certainly one of creators of world.
- Vingolf: Abode of goddesses in Asgard.
- Vitharr (Vithar): Boy of Odin survivor of Ragnarok.
- Volsung: Descendant of Odin, and father of Signy, Sigmund his descendants were known as Volsungs.
- Yggdrasill: Giant ash tree springing from body of Ymir and supporting world its roots extended to Asgard, Jotunnheim, and Niffheim.
- Ymir (Ymer): Primeval frost giant wiped out by Odin, Vili, and Ve world produced from his body also, from his body sprang Yggdrasill.
Top 10 Coolest Creatures from Norse Mythology
James Sarvan: I think my new hobby is listening to americans trying to pronounce Scandinavian words. It brings me much joy.
Vanz Talisa: James Sarvan i know right! I mean, why the heavy emphasis on rolling that letter R?
Xenor Arca: She didn't pronounce it that bad. It was actually pretty good
theycamefrombehind: Give her a break. You try pronouncing words from a language you dont know.
NerdRage: It's not at all offensive you sensetive cuck.
Lappfackarn: theycamefrombehind o
Brian Powell: wrong, Tyr lost his hand to Fenrir when Fenrir was bound the final time
ProHevy Løvdal: Jeg elsker og høre amerikanere prøve og prate Nordisk
grey Wolverine: ProHevy Løvdal I understood you a little bit
Thunderbird 14: ProHevy Løvdal danmark!!!!!